20 Tips for doing Call Center Quality Assurance like a boss with Conversation Analytics
Call Center Quality Assurance is headed for a big digital transformation. How to embrace voice to stay on top?
I sat down to write this blog post after reading an excellent article from the BPA Quality team, titled “20 Call Center Quality Assurance Considerations – the Big Picture” (read here). BPA listed 20 pieces of advice for a manual QA process. Reading it, I just couldn’t stop thinking how different this list would be if the author was a conversation analytics user.
Previous years have already witnessed some spectacular acquisitions and partnerships between speech analytics companies and survey giants. The trend of integrating voice-based technology into Voice of the Customer programs will only strengthen in the upcoming quarters. Why? The answer is simple: businesses are already investing in capturing and analyzing the customer feedback. The ability to process it faster, at a greater scale and with higher accuracy is a tempting prospect for all stakeholders.
In the next 12-month many customer experience companies will be adopting some iteration of conversation analytics. So how to use this new asset to the fullest? How to make it the honey that will make your customers stick?
Here, we present 20 tips for getting the biggest bang from conversation analytics technology in the QA environment:
- In this case, bigger is better. Automate the QA process to take the scope of inquiry from 2% to 100%.
- Your clients crave bigger engagement of their customers? A proper analytics program measures the emotional score of every word, sentence and conversation. Get the full view of what drives customers mad and what makes them happy.
- Shift the focus from solely agents’ performance to multiple aspects of company performance – product, policy, pricing, service. Get a full view of the enterprise thanks to a searchable database of all your conversations.
- Discover the ACTUAL reasons behind the Net Promoter Score. Understand the context of the conversations and know what influenced a customer’s survey answers.
- Use the unique potential of phone calls. Analyze the voice layer to find out how customers FEEL. Use information from the phone calls to fill the gaps in the client’s journey. Technician’s visit not timely? Customer will be sure to tell an agent about that!
- Organize unstructured data to create a naturally growing knowledge base. Let the QA team dive much deeper to discover information relevant to numerous departments.
- Become a script-tuning guru. Automatically compare thousands of conversations to find the strongest and the weakest point of the scripts. Correlate with emotion to learn what makes customers ’tick.’
- Be practical. Search through the database of conversations for the mentions of a particular products, locations or services.
- Use conversation analytics to strengthen security and prevent data leakage.
- Make sure that representatives are meeting compliance policies by applying qualification criteria. Automatically red flag all the calls which don’t fulfill company requirements.
- Go from visibility to transparency. Empower executives with findings backed by hard evidence. Became the trusted, indispensable advisor.
- Switch from a quarterly report to a fast information loop. Make feedback ordinary. Test and review with speed and accuracy.
- Share the data bounty. Hold regular meetings with Product, Marketing, Sales. Supply every team with actionable, relevant information.
- Influence organizations with meaningful analytical data. Make QA about more than just the contact center.
- Don’t risk disengaging agents with unreachable goals. Identify customer service rock stars. Encourage learning and build confidence by encouraging cross-training within teams.
- Embrace innovation. Offer metrics that are designed to boost customer satisfaction, employee engagement, and healthy business growth.
- Remove human bias. Use an automated QA process to ensure transparency and consistency across different business centers and across your QA teams.
- Automatically collect all the anecdotal feedback, structure and quantify it. Make every voice count.
- Introduce real-life, customer-centric metrics that inspire. Make QA a driver of positive CX change.
- Take QA to a new level and close the gap between enterprises and their customers. Let voice-derived data become the information highway.
Automating Call Quality Assurance will put QA specialist in the spotlight. With their intimate knowledge of company policies, direct access to contact center traffic and armed with the right technology, they will be poised to grow into customer experience drivers, and become the invaluable connectors between the customers, front staff, and the enterprise. How well they handle this new role will determine the future of Call Center Quality Assurance.